Quality Control Manager
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated Quality Control Manager to join our team. In this position, you will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
Quality Control Duties and Responsibilities
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests.
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work.
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Quality Control Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- 2+ years in a leadership or managerial position.
- Work authorization security clearance.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.